Unlike the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE Hikvision camera that was advertised as a smart tracking camera - Hikvision released a firmware that removed the feature because the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE camera was not able to accurately track ANYTHING, the new updated DS-2DE4A425IWG-E does not have that issue.
What's Hot: I purchased this camera for its claim to track Vehicles, People, and "Other". How well does it work? The DS-2DE4A425IWG-E camera does a good job of tracking in good lighting and a fair job at night using the IR lights, if using optional supplemental IR lights the results improve. Overall I am satisfied with the result.
- - Built-in IR lights will cover about 60 feet and provide useable images in darkness, the IR lights are focused based on the zoom factor which is 25x for this camera.
- -- IR lights will NOT reach out to the entire zoom range.
- - Many high-end camera features that improve frame rates and can (if your network allows) as advertised be applied, TCP acceleration, Traffic Shaping, QoS to name a few.
- - Alarm inputs and outputs via included attachment points - external motion detections, microphones, speakers/lights/sirens
- - H.264, H.265, or H2.65+ video codec options are available to improve framerates and reduce storage.
- - Long zoom range of 25x capable or reading car tags and doing face recognition at a distance. - The zoom scale is adjustable in the interface, allowing you to adjust the maximum zoom.
- - The normal set of video tampering, email notifications, FTP uploads, and alarm - outputs are provided.
- - Robust outdoor weather sealing "if installed per instructions".
- - A lot of customizations, PTZ limits, park zones, patrols, schedules, etc.
- - Supports Object removal, Line Crossing, Region Entrance and Exits, and Unattended Baggage.
- - Four Pattern scans record a time of over 10 minutes for each.
- - 30 FPS at full 5mp resolution
- - Support Edge and Chrome web browsers
- - Supports local recording on micro SD cards (optional)
- - Supports 24w POE (802.3at) - no external power cord needed but can be run if needed.
- - Comes with a robust POE injector to power the camera over ethernet.
- - Supports microSD/SDHC/SDXC card, up to 256 GB for local storage - also supports remote NAS and NVR storage.
- - Supports resolutions up to 2560 X 1440 @ 30 FPS
What's Not Hot:
- You can only do Face recognition OR Smart Events (vehicles, objects, intrusions, etc), not both.
- Cost is somewhat expensive for what you get since other IP PTZ cameras do the same at half the cost (but not as robust of features). If you are tempted to purchase a lower-cost smart camera be prepared for what you get.
- Sadly, Nighttime and certain times of day can create halos / internal reflections due to the enclosed camera design - most dome cameras suffer from this effect.
- Not a fan of the Field of View starting at 4.8mm or 53.3 FOV for a horizontal, bit too narrow for my taste but since it tracks not too bit of a problem, it works best with a separate wider angle camera for that situational awareness view.
- 5.40lbs or 2.45 base camera weight
I use Synology DVA 3211 for my NVR and the DS-2DE4A425IWG-E camera works very well in the setup. However, since it is a new camera Synology has not offered a pre-defined configuration, so you are forced to use the Generic_Hikvision options to get the most from the camera, Optionally you could set up the camera as an ONVIF camera and load the configuration, I did not try that.
Tip: There is now a huge selection of IP cameras available on the market some as low as $59.00 @ 4K quality. Do not be fooled, read the specifications and look for real-life reviews on the models you are considering. I have a crap load of cameras in my junk box the ones that stand the test of time are mounted and in use. Be advised of no-name camera brands, or brands that look like known cameras costing much more. If the camera brand does not have a dedicated support site - steer clear.
Overall: A very good camera for the right use case. A little pricey but worth it if you require a more robust and configurable surveillance camera with smart features. This camera is best suited for open areas with space between the camera and objects. Great for a business with parking lots and entranceways. Good for home use if you have the space it needs with a 4.8mm FOV lens.